Saturday, December 21, 2013

It's Beautiful, Ron!

     One of my husband Ron's favorite holiday movies is  National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  We have watched it at least once every year since it came out in December 1989.  That year we saw it in the theatre on Christmas Eve.  We were the only couple there.  It still cracks us up!  It doesn't end with the season though. Ron finds one-liners from the production useful throughout the year.

      Why just the other day I mentioned to him we really needed to clean the house.   First he replied, "Oh, woo!  Look at the time.  I gotta get to bed.  I still gotta brush my teeth, feed the hog, still got some homework to do, still got those bills to pay, wash the car..."  Then for good measure he threw in,  "I'll be upstairs sleeping if you need me."

      Ron stays very informed about current events by surfing the Internet and reading several online newspapers daily.  Once I walked by and noticed he was entrenched in an article which contained a large photo of a very attractive, scantily dressed young woman.  He looked up at me as I passed by and sheepishly explained, "I was just blousing...I mean browsing."  He grinned, "Can't see the line, can you Phyllis?"

      In addition to checking out the online periodicals, we subscribe to the local newspaper.  Ron trudges down the driveway with our dogs, Molly and Annie, to take care of business and get the paper almost every day. If it is a cold winter morning, he rarely misses the opportunity to announce when he comes back into the house, "It certainly is a bit nipply out."  

     A few months ago, I was in the kitchen spouting off about the inconsistency of how our oven works.  Exasperated, I asked, "Why do some things get done quicker than others at the same recommended temperature?"  

     Ron shrugged, "I don't know, Margo."

     I could go on and on but I'll stop here.  I do know Ron loves Christmas and this movie.  He takes great pride in beautifully decorating the outside of the house but he Is quick to credit to the appropriate person.  "Dad taught me everything I know about exterior illumination."

 
 
 
 
     May you have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy the warm embrace of kith and kin!








    



No comments:

Post a Comment