Sunday, August 23, 2020

VOTE YOUR WAY

   

   

        

 

           There are so many ways you can vote in most states. In our house, Ron and I approach voting differently.  Don't get me wrong -  we vote. Normally, I prefer to vote in-person at various sites during the early voting time period to avoid crowds.  Ron, on the other hand, likes to go to our precinct on election day.  This year for our local primaries we changed it up a bit.

            For the first time, I voted by mail, partly because of the pandemic but mostly because I wanted to test it in our recent primary that focused on local races.  I know, due to some of the negative political publicity about this method, some of you are thinking this was not wise. I get it, but there are several fail-safes built-in.  For example, each ballot has an unduplicated assigned number and your signature is required so it can be matched to the one on file. Here's how it worked for me. To make sure my ballot had plenty of time to get to the Supervisor of Elections, I mailed it two weeks before election day.  A few days before election day, I went online and saw for myself my ballot was received and counted. It was easy-peasy.  However, if you are still concerned about mailing your ballot, you have the option of dropping it in a receptacle in designated areas prior to election day.

            Ron expanded his election day voting experience by working the polls.  He arrived at 6:00 a.m. and got home after 8:00 p.m.   His job was to stand outside, greet voters, and make sure no politicians encroached on the voter parking area.  He said every voter he greeted was very cordial and appreciative. Although he had his own, some offered to bring him water.  Another plus - they all came with their own masks.  Yay!  He plans to work the polls again for the General Election. The temperatures should be cooler too. ðŸ‘Œ

            So, since he will be there Ron will vote in person.  I plan to vote by mail again.  There are so many options when it comes to casting your ballot on November 3rd.  The main thing is to pick one, make your voice heard, and VOTE!

                                                                     
                                                            
   

             

No comments:

Post a Comment