Sunday, March 22, 2020

COVID CARTWHEELS, ANYONE?


   
All of a sudden, I'm being told I can't do things I have been doing all my life.  Gym and yoga classes? Nope.  Church?  Nope.  Library? No, ma'am!  Movie? Nada.  School?  Forget about it.  Grandkids' flag football and soccer games? Canceled! The list of no-nos goes on and on.  

Okay, I understand, it's all for the good of man and womankind for all of us to keep our filthy paws and breath to ourselves.  Run for your life if someone should cough or sneeze!  It's all good to control and, with luck, stop a pandemic.

But...can you hear my inner control freak alter ego screaming?   Here's the deal.  I just plain do not like to be told what I can and cannot do.  I'm not sure, but this trait probably stems from my early childhood.  I think I may have been seen as the "rebellious one."  Whatever.  The bottom line is this whole coronavirus thing is cramping my style.  So, you know what, I will just show it who is the boss of me.

Tomorrow I plan to get outside to mow the yard.  After that, I plan to measure each blade daily to see how much it has grown.  More on that in a future blog.  I planted some tomato plants in a raised bed. What do you think?  Should I video their progress? Weeding is a huge optional outdoor activity.  Trust me the weeds do not have the coronavirus.  They are alive and flourishing.  

No coronavirus is going to ruin my days. Just for fun,  I ordered groceries online for the first time ever yesterday.  As a test, I threw a couple bottles of wine in the mix.  Three hours later they were delivered to my door.  An added bonus was the delivery lady asked me for my ID to make sure I was old enough to purchase wine.  I love it when that happens! 

By golly, I may be taking control again.  My acupuncturist son Craig says the best way to keep this Covid meany away is to ramp up your immunities.  This means eating right...green, red & yellow fruits and veggies, fish, citrus, etc.  Basically, stock up on vitamin c, selenium, zinc, etc.  He actually gave me some herbs and zinc capsules to take as a preventative.  Take that Covid-19! 


"They," say exercise helps build your immunities too.  So, in addition to walking the" hood," I'm thinking about trying cartwheels.  Does anybody out there know how you do those?  I'm 72.  This is a perfect time to learn new things, right?

What about you folks who have lost your jobs for the next few months? Besides turning off the TV and limiting your googling activity, what are you doing to get back some control of your life?  And parents, what are you doing to manage the children while they are out of school 24/7?  I would love to hear.  God knows we could all use some positive suggestions.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment